Easy Directions to Madison Square Garden (courtesy of NJ's largest independent music store)
Madison Square Garden, often abbreviated as MSG, known colloquially simply as The Garden, has been the name of four arenas in New York City, United States. It is also the name of the entity which owns the arena and several of the professional sports franchises which play there. There have been four incarnations of the arena. The first two were located at Madison Square, thus the name. Subsequently a new 20,000-seat Garden was built at 50th Street and 8th Avenue, and the current Garden is at 7th Avenue between 31st and 33rd Streets, situated on top of Pennsylvania Station. The present arena is informally known to some by its advertising slogan, "The World's Most Famous Arena".
Princeton Record Exchange appreciates the contribution Madison Square Garden provides to the music community and has created the below directions for your convenience. We hope that while you're in the tri-state area, you'll also take the opportunity to browse our music and movie selection.
You can help contribute to the music community by selling us your unwanted CDs, DVDs and Vinyl, so that they will be recycled into the hands of music and movie lovers who can appreciate them again.
Get Directions To:
Buy New and Used CDs, DVDs, LPs, and more at our Princeton, NJ Store
See our buy from us page for more details of the types of music and movies we stock. Music lovers and collectors, as well as CD and Record dealers visit us from around the world to shop our selection. Categories we carry include Rock, Alternative, Classical, Opera, Jazz, Show Tunes, and many more music and movie genres.
Please Note: We do not currently list our inventory or sell online, mainly because our inventory changes greatly from day to day.
Sell us your unwanted CDs, DVDs & LPs!
We are always looking to increase our selection of quality merchandise. We buy private collections, estate collections, reviewer/radio station surplus, and entire record store inventories-no collection is too large!
If you have any unwanted CDs, DVDs, or LPs lying around gathering dust, check out our sell to us page, or give us a call at 609-921-0881.
Visit Madison Square Garden from Princeton Record Exchange for Sports, Live Concerts & more
Traveling by Car
- From the building, take a left to go down Tulane St.
- Turn right at Spring St - go 373 ft
- Turn right at Vandeventer Ave - go 459 ft
- Continue on Washington Rd - go 1.6 mi
- Turn right and head toward Brunswick Pike - go 413 ft
- Turn right at Brunswick Pike - go 16 mi
- Bear right onto the ramp to New Brunswick/South River/Old Bridge - go 0.3 mi
- Bear right at RT-18 S - go 0.3 mi
- Bear right at RT-18 - go 0.2 mi
- Bear right into the N.J. Turnpike entry ramp - go 0.6 mi
- Bear right onto the ramp to Cars/Trucks-Buses - go 0.3 mi
- Merge into I-95 N - go 29 mi
- Take exit 16E to Lincoln Tunnel/New York City - go 0.6 mi
- Merge into RT-495 E - go 2.9 mi
- Continue on I-495 E - go 0.9 mi
- Take the exit to 42 St (RT-9A)/Uptown/Theater District - go 290 ft
- Continue on Dyer Ave - go 0.2 mi
- Turn right at W 42nd St - go 0.4 mi
- Turn right at 7th Ave - go 0.5 mi
- Turn right at W 31st St - go 114 ft
- Arrive at Madison Square Garden -- 4 Penn plz, New York, NY 10001
Visit Princeton Record Exchange from Madison Square Garden
Traveling by Car
- Head west from W 31st St - go 0.3 mi
- Turn left at 9th Ave - go 194 ft
- Turn right at Lincoln Tunnel Expy - go 0.1 mi
- Continue on I-495 W - go 1.3 mi
- Continue on RT-495 W - go 3.3 mi
- Take the I-95 S ramp to Newark (I-280)/(I-78) - go 0.1 mi
- Take the New Jersey Tpke S ramp - go 0.4 mi
- Merge into I-95 South - go 28 mi
- Take the RT-18 exit 9 to New Brunswick (US-1)/East Brunswick - go 0.7 mi
- Bear right onto the RT-18 N ramp to New Brunswick (US-1)/Princeton/Trenton - go 0.2 mi
- Bear right at RT-18 N - go 0.5 mi
- Bear right onto the US-1 S ramp to Trenton - go 0.3 mi
- Continue on US-1 - go approximately 16 miles
- Turn right at Washington Rd (there are 3 gas stations at this intersection) - go 1.6 mi
- Turn left onto Nassau st. (Marked by the theater across the street to your left)
- Take your first right at South Tulane St.
- Drive a few hundred feet; Princeton Record Exchange is in a large white building on your left.
If you have a large collection of CDs, DVDs or LPs to sell us that would be difficult to carry, please call us at 609-921-0881 or park close to the store so that we can come out and either review your collection or bring your collection into the store.
Directions to the Parking Garage
- From our storefront, follow South Tulane Street to the end and make a right on Spring Street. (Please note: The parking garage is in front of you to the left. Unfortunately, Spring Street is a one way street, and you must take a right.)
- Drive 30 feet and take your first left onto North Tulane St.
- After one block the road will end. Take a left onto Wiggins St.
- The entrance to the Spring Street Garage will be one half a block on your left.
Parking in the Spring Street Garage is Free for the first 30 minutes.. After thirty minutes, the regular parking rate is $1 per hour, and the Sunday rate is 25 cents per two hours.
While we recommend this garage, there are other parking options in Princeton. We have more parking information on our site, including an online map of Princeton's top destinations and parking lots, as well as printer-friendly map of the same information.
Visit Other Princeton and NJ Highlights before using your Sports Tickets or Live Concert Tickets
Before or after shopping princeton and visiting Princeton Record Exchange, also see New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, Symphony Hall Newark New Jersey, Bucks County Playhouse, Westminster Choir College, George Street Playhouse, Madison Square Garden, Wachovia Center PA and Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall in addition to Madison Square Garden.
Visit Princeton Record Exchange:
Buy & Sell CDs, DVDs, LPs. Browse 140,000 new & used titles
PRINCETON RECORD EXCHANGE, INC
20 South Tulane Street
Princeton, NJ 08542