Easy Directions to Met Opera (courtesy of NJ's largest independent music store)
The Met Opera was founded in 1880 as an alternative to the Academy of Music. The Academy represented the highest social circle in New York society, and the board of directors were reluctant to allow members of new wealthy families into their circle.
The Met Opera House, with approximately 3,800 seats, is located at Lincoln Center in Lincoln Square in the Upper West Side and was designed by architect Wallace K. Harrison. Although west-east roads do not run through Lincoln Center itself, the Metropolitan Opera House is parallel to the block from West 63rd St. to West 64th St. The back end of the House meets Amsterdam Avenue and the entrance to the Opera House is at Lincoln Center Plaza, which begins at Columbus Avenue.
Princeton Record Exchange appreciates the contribution Met Opera provides to the local community and has created the below directions for your convenience. We hope that while you're in Princeton you also take the opportunity to browse our music and movie selection.
You can help contribute to the music community by selling us your unwanted CDs, DVDs and Vinyl, so that they will be recycled into the hands of music and movie lovers who can appreciate them again.
Get Directions To:
Buy New and Used CDs, DVDs, LPs, and more at our Princeton, NJ Store
See our buy from us page for more details of the types of music and movies we stock. Music lovers and collectors, as well as CD and Record dealers visit us from around the world to shop our selection. Categories we carry include Rock, Alternative, Classical, Opera, Jazz, Show Tunes, and many more music and movie genres.
Please Note: We do not currently list our inventory or sell online, mainly because our inventory changes greatly from day to day.
Sell us your unwanted CDs, DVDs & LPs!
We are always looking to increase our selection of quality merchandise. We buy private collections, estate collections, reviewer/radio station surplus, and entire record store inventories-no collection is too large!
If you have any unwanted CDs, DVDs, or LPs lying around gathering dust, check out our sell to us page, or give us a call at 609-921-0881.
Visit Met Opera from Princeton Record Exchange
Traveling by Car
- Start out going NORTH on S TULANE ST toward LINCOLN CT. <0.1 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto SPRING ST. <0.1 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto VANDEVENTER AVE. <0.1 miles
- VANDEVENTER AVE becomes WASHINGTON RD / CR-526 / CR-571. 1.6 miles
- Turn RIGHT. <0.1 miles
- Turn LEFT onto US-1 N / BRUNSWICK PIKE. Continue to follow US-1 N. 15.7 miles
- Merge onto NJ-18 S toward NEW BRUNSWICK / SOUTH RIVER / OLD BRIDGE / I-95 / NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE. 0.7 miles
- Take the N.J. TURNPIKE ramp. 0.2 miles
- Take the ramp toward NEW YORK AND NORTH. 0.3 miles
- Merge onto I-95 N / NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE N toward CARS / TRUCKS-BUSES (Portions toll). 22.4 miles
- Keep RIGHT to take I-95 N / NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE N toward I-80 / EXITS 15E - 18E / US-46 / LINCOLN TUNNEL (Portions toll). 6.5 miles
- Take EXIT 16E toward LINCOLN TUNNEL / NEW YORK CITY. 0.8 miles
- Keep LEFT to take NJ-495 E toward LINCOLN TUNNEL (Portions toll) (Crossing into NEW YORK). 2.9 miles
- NJ-495 E becomes I-495 E / LINCOLN TUNNEL. 0.8 miles
- Take the exit on the LEFT toward I-495 E / 42 ST / RT-9A / ALL POINTS. <0.1 miles
- Stay STRAIGHT to go onto DYER AVE. 0.1 miles
- Turn LEFT onto W 42ND ST. <0.1 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto 10TH AVE. 0.8 miles
- 10TH AVE becomes AMSTERDAM AVE. 0.2 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto W 65TH ST. <0.1 miles
- End at Metropolitan Opera
Visit Princeton Record Exchange from Met Opera
Traveling by Car
- Start out going SOUTHEAST on W 65TH ST toward BROADWAY. <0.1 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto BROADWAY. <0.1 miles
- Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto COLUMBUS AVE. 0.2 miles
- COLUMBUS AVE becomes 9TH AVE. 1.1 miles
- Take the LINCOLN TUN ramp toward NEW JERSEY. 0.1 miles
- Merge onto I-495 W (Crossing into NEW JERSEY). 0.9 miles
- I-495 W becomes NJ-495 W. 3.2 miles
- Merge onto I-95 S / NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S via the exit on the LEFT toward I-280 / NEWARK / I-78 (Portions toll). 6.3 miles
- Keep RIGHT to take I-95 S / NEW JERSEY TURNPIKE S toward EXIT 14-14C / CARS / TRUCKS-BUSES (Portions toll). 22.6 miles
- Merge onto NJ-18 N via EXIT 9 toward US-1 / NEW BRUNSWICK / PRINCETON / TRENTON / TOWER CENTER BLVD.. 1.4 miles
- Merge onto US-1 S toward TRENTON. 2.3 miles
- Stay STRAIGHT to go onto US-1. 0.2 miles
- Stay STRAIGHT to go onto US-1 S. 13.4 miles
- Turn RIGHT. <0.1 miles
- Turn RIGHT onto WASHINGTON RD / CR-526 / CR-571. 1.6 miles
- Turn LEFT onto NASSAU ST. (Marked by the theater across the St. to your left)
- Take your FIRST RIGHT at SOUTH TULANE ST.
- Drive a few hundred feet; Princeton Record Exchange is in a large white building on your left.
If you have a large collection of CDs, DVDs or LPs to sell us that would be difficult to carry, please call us at 609-921-0881 or park close to the store so that we can come out and either review your collection or bring your collection into the store.
Directions to the Parking Garage
- From our storefront, follow South Tulane St. to the end and make a right on Spring St. (Please note: The parking garage is in front of you to the left. Unfortunately, Spring St. is a one way St., and you must take a right.)
- Drive 30 feet and take your first left onto North Tulane St.
- After one block the road will end. Take a left onto Wiggins St.
- The entrance to the Spring St. Garage will be one half a block on your left.
Parking in the Spring St. Garage is Free for the first 30 minutes.. After thirty minutes, the regular parking rate is $1 per hour, and the Sunday rate is 25 cents per two hours.
While we recommend this garage, there are other parking options in Princeton. We have more parking information on our site, including an online map of Princeton's top destinations and parking lots, as well as printer-friendly map of the same information.
Visit Other Princeton and New Jersey Highlights
Before or after shopping princeton and visiting Princeton Record Exchange, also see New Jersey Symphony Orchestra, Symphony Hall Newark New Jersey, Met Opera, Westminster Choir College, George St. Playhouse, Madison Square Garden, Sovereign Bank Arena Trenton NJ, Wachovia Center PA and Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall in addition to Met Opera.
Visit Princeton stores from New York & Philadelphia
Along with Princeton Stores, Princeton Record Exchange highly recommends visiting the world-famous venues in the surrounding area, such as: New York City Opera, Village Vanguard, Blue Note, New York Ballet, MET Opera, Lincoln Center, & Apollo Theater.
Visit Princeton Record Exchange:
Buy & Sell CDs, DVDs, LPs. Browse 140,000 new & used titles
PRINCETON RECORD EXCHANGE, INC
20 South Tulane St.
Princeton, NJ 08542